About Me ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ

Welcome to my blog! My name is Victoria, I go by Tori, Vicki or V. I am 22 years old and this is actually my last year at Brooklyn College. I am a Communication Sciences & Disorders major. I was born & raised in Brooklyn, New York. My mother is from the Dominican Republic while my dad was born here. His side of the family is from Puerto Rico. He likes to say that he's "Nuyorican" which I think is cool. It's a unique combination of New York & Puertorican. I have 4 siblings, I'm the second youngest and will most likely be the first Millionaire in the family :). Every year I spend my winters and summer on the beautiful island, of the Dominican Republic. I might be city-girl but the countryside has my heart forever. Some of my hobbies include writing/recording music, painting, horseback riding, dancing, singing, traveling, vlogging, spending quality time with family and friends and cuddling up with Belle-- my dog. 

I currently work as a DSP (Direct Support Professional) for a 13-year-old girl with special needs. I personally see myself as her school counselor and an emotional/physical therapist. Each week brings me joy, to see her overcome her goals. Being that I am a Communications Disorders major, I'm constantly thinking of ways I can use the material I learn in class for our 1-on-1 sessions. Some days are harder than others, but I can honestly say that I enjoy my job. My end goal is to be an SLP for children with disabilities. Many kids in my family have some sort of Autism, so I've watched them struggle with language and interpretation. They inspired me to want to help them and other kids who suffer from the same condition.

Comments

  1. Victoria!! I love your blog! Atheistically nice and organized which I like! I would love to see a picture of your dog, so sweet. Your job is so inspiring, wish you all the best and success in your career! Love that you added photos to your blog as well, not going to lie but the title of your blog also caught my eye. I love that you were comparing visuals to zodiac signs too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brown Eyes & Zodiac Signs ( ͡👁️ ͜ʖ ͡👁️)